never even seen a picture of him?

went to the mister's dad's birthday earlier then rushed to Trilogy to witness a little wonder ─ an exhibit by musician, illustrator ...

went to the mister's dad's birthday earlier then rushed to Trilogy to witness a little wonder an exhibit by musician, illustrator and painter, Nix Puno.


a bunch of ideas.. memories and thoughts came out while seeing those great pieces of art.


one.
i love Trilogy's wall.
two. paintings on this great wall ─ dope!
three. my pop. [my father is a painter. a very old-school one. his masterpiece ─ my mom.
we learned from him how to love our craft no matter what we have and who we are.]
four. a picture of God.

aside from being inspired with how wonderful Nix Puno's works are..
I was so caught up with what i just read at the back of his invite. [better viewed here]


"They are part of a bigger context, a larger picture not yet seen
─ a tiny detail in an eventually beautiful plan.
Psalm 139 explains it in a way the artist can't."

verses one to five
"You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me."

though, my devo story today isn't about the verse above..
what i wanted to say is.. i love that it hit my heart.
i always admire people who know the word and live with it.
anyway.. glory to God.

moving on....
i have this story about drawing.. painting too.
and it was about.... A PICTURE OF GOD.
A little boy sat down at the kitchen table with his crayons and a big sheet of blank paper and started to draw.
His father, noticing the youngster hard at work at the table, stopped to look.
"What are you doing son?"
"I'm drawing a picture of God," said the little boy.
"But son," said the father, "You can't draw a picture of God. Nobody knows what God looks like."
The little boy thought for a moment and said,
"Well.... they will when I get through."

Most of us.. would agree with the father in the story. right?
No one knows what God looks like.
We don't even know how tall he is. How long his hair. etc. etc.
But maybe that's one of the reasons God created us and called us to serve him.
He created us "in his own image" so that we could, in a sense, show the world what God looks like.
When we are being conformed into the image of his son, Jesus Christ, [romans eight twentynine]
people can see in us a reflection of our Heavenly Father.
All of us have the ability to represent God to the world ─ and to do it in our own way.
We don't need to worry whether our picture of God looks like everybody else's.


[photo:ain't a picture of God. but a painting by Nix Puno]


We are to serve God uniquely.. with the gifts and abilities that God has given us.
and when we get through.. people will have a better idea of what God looks like.
They will see God in you.. in us!


my little wonder story on my next post.
happy sunday everyone.
God loves you.



akissofloveunicena.

You Might Also Like

0 notes